Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Watching the Watchmen


I saw the “Watchmen.” Before I continue Please read the graphic novel first. Second, don’t expect the action-packed ending that Hollywood gives for it is not in this movie!!!  

The Good: Never have I seen a director (Zack Synder) make a movie so close to the graphic novel. He deserves an A for effort just for that. The ending is different from the graphic novel for good reason. Jackie Earle Haley as Rorschach- just brilliant. Clint Eastwood sounding Punisher-type guy is great. Most of the actors are very good. The special effects are very good.
The Bad: If you don’t read the graphic novel you will be bored to death for the movie is very long and very little action-mostly talking. It’s a thinking man’s superhero movie if there is such a thing. “Watchmen” is a different kind of superhero movie I ever seen. I cannot stress this enough if you like action, action, action WRONG movie get the dvd which the movie is even longer. You will thank me.
KC Web Developer

No comments: